What is Ruby on Jets?
Jets is a Ruby serverless Framework that allows you to create and deploy services easily. It includes everything you need to build APIs and deploy them to AWS Lambda. Jets is also perfect for writing functions that glue AWS services and resources together.
How It Works
You write code and Jets turns your code into Lambda functions and other AWS resources. Jets orchestrates provisioning and deployment so you can focus on writing code, which is what serverless is all about! Here’s a presentation that introduces Jets:
Jets AWS Introduction Series
For those who would like to learn some AWS essentials, you might like this introductory series:
- AWS Lambda Function: Jets Introduction Series Part 1
- API Gateway: Jets Introduction Series Part 2
- CloudWatch Event Rule: Jets Introduction Series Part 3
- Hello World Examples: Jets Introduction Series Part 4
Jets Tutorial Series
For those that would like to jump into Jets more directly, you might like this:
Jets Events Series
For those interested in connecting events with Jets and using it as a Glue Framework.
Here are the video playlists for the tutorial series.
- Jets AWS Introductory Series Playlist
- Jets Ruby Serverless Framework Playlist
- Jets Events Series Playlist
Pro tip: Use the <- and -> arrow keys to move back and forward.